When I was looking in the mirror!

This isn't a long discussion! I just want to see if anyone else has experienced this before!

A few times i have looked in the mirror and it made me feel weird. Only way i can describe it is by think about being on a boat in rough waters an u get motion sickness.. well exclude the actual stomach sickness. Its kinda a dizzy feeling. its like im looking into the mirror while being completely still but yet it still feels like im moving in like very slow motion!

Im sorry everyone its very hard to explain! Thank yoiu for taking the time to read my discussion! God Bless everyone (:

that happened to me at the gym the other day! It felt like everything was moving like ocean waves. It was very weird. Thankfully it hasn't happened again... yet.

yes Ballerina 8876 thats exactly it! Ive looked up an felt like the room split apart in super slo mo and then finally went back together. These kinds of things have been happening more an more to me. Its pretty scarey. specially when it comes as often as its been coming.

Ballerina8876 said:

that happened to me at the gym the other day! It felt like everything was moving like ocean waves. It was very weird. Thankfully it hasn't happened again... yet.

Hello Monique,

These sensations can be to do with Vertigo which is also connected with (Mal de Debarquement syndrome) and it's all connected in with Lupus, Lyme disease and many more.

Hugs Terri xxx

"Mal de Debarquement syndrome - symptoms"

Persistent, illusionary sensation of motion such as:

• Rocking sensation
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Swaying
  • Bouncing/Shimmering Vision
  • Rolling sensation
  • Sensitivity to light and/or sound
  • Lurching
  • Nausea
  • Bobbing sensation
  • Feeling disoriented
  • Headaches
  • Floating
  • Intolerance of busy patterns
  • Imbalance
  • Confusion
  • Ataxia - a staggering gait
  • Ear pain and/or fullness
  • Fatigue
  • Anxiety
  • Tinnitus (in one or both ears)
  • Depression

Symptoms can vary in intensity from day to day and even throughout the day. Many times the reason for these changes cannot be clearly identified. Many report increased symptoms toward the end of the day.

This is most likely caused by an increase in stress and fatigue. Although common triggers have not been clinically identified, some report an increased rocking sensation with stress, fatigue, illness, dark rooms, bright lights, busy patterns, shopping in supermarkets and grocery stores, household chores like ironing, hovering, working with computers and walking in crowds. For some the symptoms decrease over time, but not always.

It has also been reported that symptoms seem to go temporarily unnoticed or seem to “disappear” during car rides, short train travel or other steady motion experiences. Additionally, some sufferers have experienced reoccurrences triggered by events such as subsequent cruises, air travel, upper respiratory infections and other motion experiences

Symptoms not typically associated with MdDS include:

• Rotational/spinning vertigo
  • Double vision
  • Nystagmus