What happens next?

I have been taking plaquenil, prednisone, and imuran. Nothing seems to be working. I am just wondering what might come next or of there’s anything I should suggest to my doctor. Thanks

Have you talked to your doctor about Benlysta?
I tried imuran, celcept, methotrexate, plaquenil, prednisone, dapsone, etc etc.
The only drug that was mild enough and that I had any help with was plaquenil …until Benlysta.
I’ve been on Benlysta for 4 months. My hair is growing back like never before.
I don’t have anymore fevers or joint pain.
See if they think it will work for you. :slight_smile:

Hi Harley, am currently taking plaquenil and prednisone ,they seem to help me . I've been on them since Feb. 7,2011. Just write everything down ( at what time the pain starts / and how long it last , how it make you feel , what you were doing when the pain started , etc..) this might help the doctor when you go to your visit ... Also try not to over due it , limit your daily activites and get some rest in between doing chores.. Well hope there is nothing major wrong with you , but go see the doctor as soon as possible okay ??? And don't forget to rest and take it easy, talk with you later ....Beverly L.

Im on the same exact meds! My rheumy just put. Me on prednisone only for a mth to c if it helps… It’s been two weeks and it hasn’t gotten better. She told me that cellcept would be next… I hope you get to feeling better soon…

Im on the same exact meds! My rheumy just put. Me on prednisone only for a mth to c if it helps… It’s been two weeks and it hasn’t gotten better. She told me that cellcept would be next… I hope you get to feeling better soon…

wow/... i am going to ask about bensyta

I take planquenil and prednisone (when needed) too much prednisone is not good for my body. I build up tolerances to the medication and then it does not work. I have been using the prednisone when I feel tightness in my chest and start to wheeze, I take a prednisone and lay down then within 10 minutes or less, the wheezing stops and then within 5 minutes the tightness goes away.

I told my RA in case I was doing something wrong and she said "Interesting, using prednisone as a rescue, is it working?" I said "Yes" she said "then continue, good for you" and I have since mentioned it on a phone interview for the doctors at Hopkins whom are seeing me soon and they had the same exact reaction "Interesting, prednisone as a fast acting rescue med". So, this is what I am doing and it is working. But, don't change your medical regimen without asking your doctor, please! I am just a rogue patient.... LOL

Hope you get better.