Voracious sweating

I am awake at 3:00 in the morning drenched in sweat. During the day the least bit of stress or activity will cause my head to become saturated. I know one cause is the hydrocodone I take for debilitating pain. I also have Addison’s Disease and Sjogren’s. Anyone else experience this? It is miserable, embarrassing and annoying!

I have the same problem,it is misreable,my head is drenched in sweat and my hands and feet r pure white,from raynauds,i feel like a fool sitting with fans blowing on me all the time and my feet and hands r wraped in heating pads,i head sweats so much that i have sores all over it all the time.good luck,maybe someday they will figure it out,

Night sweats for me proved to be menopausal. Some medications can cause them too, and one friend had hyperactive thyroid that made her have them.

Some self helps? Try sleeping in very light cotton pajamas, a really cool room if you can, and several light layers of covers you can pull up or throw off when in bed. If your matress or mattress topper are memory foam, it builds heat, and adds to the issue. (But to me, well worth it because of the soft comfy surface for my joints.) I also love my cool comfy good all cotton sheets, and if they would help you, check with a local Sam's, ours has them at a steal right now.

I hope you are more comfortable very soon.

hugs,

Louise

have you tried the mitts and slippers you microwave to make warm, mine are the bed buddy brand, but there may be others. They have held up really well! I use them mostly to help with the arthritis and nerve pain. If you do a search you can find them online, and one retailer, bed bath and beyond has them. I promise, I tell everyone about them, they are wonderful! I'm a firm believer in using tools, workarounds, and anything that makes life more comfortable and easier.

hugs,

Louise

foreverhopeful said:

I have the same problem,it is misreable,my head is drenched in sweat and my hands and feet r pure white,from raynauds,i feel like a fool sitting with fans blowing on me all the time and my feet and hands r wraped in heating pads,i head sweats so much that i have sores all over it all the time.good luck,maybe someday they will figure it out,

Thanks for all the great hints! I have used warmers for my feet. That does help. I am never without my Snoozies when not wearing shoes. This week my feet have felt frozen in flip flops so I have worn shoes. The neuropathy is worse than ever right now. I wish science could figure out a cure or treatment. At least my toes are moving this am. I do wear cool knit pj’s. Need to lower thermostat but my husband and little dog freeze!!!

I sweat something terrible! Both day and night. I don’t have to be doing anything! I start breaking out in a sweat and the skin on my face burns! I am too old for it be be menopausal! I hate it and this began about 1 year before I was diagnosed with Lupus.

That’s exactly how I feel. It literally pours off of my head and face. And I turn bright red for hours afterward. I use cool towels on my neck at times. I need buckets!!!

I sweat terribly as well…cold sweats. My body will be cold to the touch but I’m sweating. Very embarrassing, but just another thing I have to live with. Good luck to you!!

Same here. Mine is anytime of day, usually with ANY activity. I sweat primarily around my head and neck as well. It is literally dripping off of me. I have 3 fans on me at night. I cannot stand to be too warm. My face is usually beet red, too!

Well, you all make me feel good. I can break out in a big sweat for no reason at all. I have never ever been a sweater either. It’s a strange thing, but glad to know I am not odd. Lol

Me, too! The other night I kept waking up drenched in sweat. I wake up hot, throw covers off, get cold, pull covers back up. It's hard to sleep when it's like that. I am on HRT so it's not menopause. I guess it could be hydrocodone which I take at night for pain. Geez....if it's not one thing, it's another!

Boy I know what you are going through! I end up keeping a towel next to my bed to help with the dampness from my sweating. If I stand more than a few minutes I start sweating. Just sitting in a well lit room will also bring on the sweating. I can't remember the last time I went to church with a dry head. Standing at the sink drying my hair after a shower and brushing my teeth is all it takes to get the sweating started. I usually sit on my bed with a mirror to put on my makeup and pray I can get out the door before it all sweats off. I have sleep apnea so am on a C-pap machine at night which helps keep me asleep, along with Restoril, but still wake up at least once in pain and sweating. As soon as I get up in the mornings it's pain and racing heart issues until I can take my pain meds. I have so much around the house that needs to be done but don't have the energy to do the simplest of things. SO FRUSTRATING!!

I do this too. I had my hormones checked and it’s not menopause. I guess it’s the lupus. It’s horrible and it happens day and night. Hope somebody finds answers to this horrible disease. Yuck

I think mine is menopause but it has been 20 yrs I don’t take pilocarpine for my dry mouth because it can cause sweating I don’t know what the answer is

I feel more normal at least! We all have a miserable mess. I have all these same issues. Check
Out the foam towels that you can use on you neck or blot. They can actually be wrung out if you need to. I have chin length hair. I did wear it short and spike. The sweat reactivated the get. Now I wring out my hair. My conditioner feel sticky on my neck after the first sweat, then it’s better

I have the same problem. I work in retail and it’s embarrassing when it happens while I’m ringing up customers. I can actually feel the heat comming from by body. It’s like I’m a heater. I thought it was from my medicine. I’m on savella right now, and it seems to be just as bad as with methotrexate. I’ve mentioned it to my dr and he just documents it and says nothing.

Are you on prednisone? It does it
to me. I never perspired heavily until pred.

I do this too. I can be normal but then suddenly be drenched with sweat. This happens more often at night or late evening. I don't know if it is related to Lupus or not. I tell my family my thermostat is broken.

Hi, prayer ,hope and Faith are all good combination for us! Hope you feel better soon,…Beverly L.

I take hydrocortisone. I have Addison’s, so it could be any or all lupus Addison’s or meds