Scared to death!

My cardiomyopathy is worse. I had a defibrillator put in on May 20th and now I need a mitral valve replacement and I am scared. My heart is very weak I have an ejection fraction of 20-25%. I am in a depressed mood I just can’t get over. Some advice please.

I’m sorry you are going through this. I really can’t offer advice but didn’t want you to feel so alone. Just wanted you to know we all care and I will say a prayer for you. Maybe someone on the boards have been through what you are going through and can offer some advice.

Thanks I appreciate the prayers.

Prayers for you but the mitral valve replacement can at least help with some of your symptoms

Though I haven’t had the issue myself( mine leaks. But not enough to conduct surgery) the couple of people that I know who have had the procedure have a better quality of life after recovering from surgery. Every one is different, but within two months my friend was feeling a little too cocky, and had to take us( small group of friends) to a checkup with her so we could hear it from her doctor that her level of activity was safe. The first weeks after surgery were tough, but she’s steadily felt better since. Here’s hoping you have a similar experience. Much luck, and you will be in our thoughts. You are not alone.

So sorry you are having to go through this. I will be praying for you.

Sending up prayers for you. When is your surgery?

Prayers and gentle hugs. You WILL feel better eventually.

I am thinking of you and sending a big hug....XXOO LupanCatwoman

They are wanting to do surgery on the 11th because whenever my heart starts to beat fast i fall to the ground. So they want it done soon.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement I appreciate it. It’s nice to know I am not alone.

I have had that surgery twice, and when they were doing it as open heart and all went well. I had the same problem, my heart would beat so fast, and I could feel it in my throat and then pass out. Are you having it the new way, endoscopically? I think they do mitral valve surgeries that way now. You are in my prayers. Don’t worry, you can do this.

Stay strong....all our prayers are with you. Feel better soon.

Thanks Cameron, they are going to do open heart because I have antiphosfolipid syndrome they need to make sure I don’t get a clot. what was your recovery time?

Our prayers are with you and for your prompt recovery

Many prayers going your way— and a wish for a speedy recovery!

Praying all is well with you! Stay strong!

Blessings!