Predisone and migraine

I have been on a short course of prednisone for cluster headaches. This is somewhat helpful during te course of treatment but as soon as I stop the med the severe headaches return. I am also on Depakote (250mg) to prevent migraine though I'm not sure this is doing any good either Can anyone out there relate to this?

Thanks!

Daisy.I had horrible migraine headachesr fr years, usually if the barometric pressure changed (rain or Santa Ana winds). Imitrex helped, but i’d take it twice a day. I started asking about botox. For years it wasn’t FDA approved.it finally was approved and it 's been a miracle drug for me. I get it every 3 months, from a neurologist. It’s 31 shallow shots on forehead, hairline, shoulders and shoulder blades. It takes one minute and the shots hurt, but only for a minute. I get migraines still, but only i1 or 2 a month. The imitrex still works, when I eat it… Î recommend it highly. I wish I could have gotten the shots years ago, I think I would have a had a much happier attitude toward life

Jane S. said:

Daisy.I had horrible migraine headachesr fr years, usually if the barometric pressure changed (rain or Santa Ana winds). Imitrex helped, but i'd take it twice a day. I started asking about botox. For years it wasn't FDA approved.it finally was approved and it 's been a miracle drug for me. I get it every 3 months, from a neurologist. It's 31 shallow shots on forehead, hairline, shoulders and shoulder blades. It takes one minute and the shots hurt, but only for a minute. I get migraines still, but only i1 or 2 a month. The imitrex still works, when I eat it.. Î recommend it highly. I wish I could have gotten the shots years ago, I think I would have a had a much happier attitude toward life

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with botox. One of my doctors recommended this treatment but when she told me the possible side effects I was scared away. Glad that it helped you.

Daisy said:

Jane S. said:

Daisy.I had horrible migraine headachesr fr years, usually if the barometric pressure changed (rain or Santa Ana winds). Imitrex helped, but i'd take it twice a day. I started asking about botox. For years it wasn't FDA approved.it finally was approved and it 's been a miracle drug for me. I get it every 3 months, from a neurologist. It's 31 shallow shots on forehead, hairline, shoulders and shoulder blades. It takes one minute and the shots hurt, but only for a minute. I get migraines still, but only i1 or 2 a month. The imitrex still works, when I eat it.. Î recommend it highly. I wish I could have gotten the shots years ago, I think I would have a had a much happier attitude toward life

Dear Pres & Migraine, Have you been to a Neurologist for your migraine? I was on Replax, but sometimes even 2 tablets would not work, most of the time nauseau. Then dr. recommended Boxtox injections which are covered by my BCBS ins. My migraines have decreased over half as many, 1 Relpax usually works, & the pain has reduced - and no more nausea from the pain. The Botox lasts around 3 mos., 20 - 22 small shots (a couple feel like getting blood drawn when it hurts), and the best part is that it only takes around 2 min. One of the good things about the Botox vs. other meds is that it goes directly to the pain areas instead of all through the blood stream. Botox does not interfere with Methotrexate, Planequil, Benlysta, & Procrit that I am taking for Lupus and chronic anemia. Presidone stopped working at all for me on anything! I take Ultram 4 times a day and muscle relaxers 3 times a day in order to try to control and reduce the pain in my joints. Right now my ankles are swollen and painful. Have Benlysta infusion and see dr. on Thurs.. I am still trying to work 20 hrs. a week in order to help pay for my medical bills. Take each hr. and day as they come. Your drs. will come up with a plan to help you. You are in my prayers. Hold Fast! Peace, Helena.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers to you as well for better days.

h said:

Dear Pres & Migraine, Have you been to a Neurologist for your migraine? I was on Replax, but sometimes even 2 tablets would not work, most of the time nauseau. Then dr. recommended Boxtox injections which are covered by my BCBS ins. My migraines have decreased over half as many, 1 Relpax usually works, & the pain has reduced - and no more nausea from the pain. The Botox lasts around 3 mos., 20 - 22 small shots (a couple feel like getting blood drawn when it hurts), and the best part is that it only takes around 2 min. One of the good things about the Botox vs. other meds is that it goes directly to the pain areas instead of all through the blood stream. Botox does not interfere with Methotrexate, Planequil, Benlysta, & Procrit that I am taking for Lupus and chronic anemia. Presidone stopped working at all for me on anything! I take Ultram 4 times a day and muscle relaxers 3 times a day in order to try to control and reduce the pain in my joints. Right now my ankles are swollen and painful. Have Benlysta infusion and see dr. on Thurs.. I am still trying to work 20 hrs. a week in order to help pay for my medical bills. Take each hr. and day as they come. Your drs. will come up with a plan to help you. You are in my prayers. Hold Fast! Peace, Helena.

Daisy, I sure can. My headaches come in waves…will have them for a week or two…will go on a pred taper and they go away for a while. It feels like inflamation in my brain because they come with eye and sinus pain. I use Imatrex or Maxalt to zap them when Im not on prednisone.

Hi if I had migraine pain at least my Docs would know which handful of pills to try on me. But as of now they have no clue what to do with me. My symptoms last usually 3-10 days. I call it head buzz. It’s not a sound its a vibration in my head. Makes me feel crazy and frightened. I also get the usual migraine stuff…sensitivity to light sound nausea. I’ve been treated with pain meds and meds to prevent migraines. Nothing touches this head buzz. Anyone?

U should try curcumin and feverfew lots of water. So sorry i wonder why the depakote works thats a bipolar med… hm god help u