Petechial Hemmoraging (sp)?

I woke up this morning with swollen joints. The worst was in my hands and knuckles. After hours of trying different things to reduce the swelling, I finally reduced the swelling and noticed that I had gotten so swollen that I now have tiny red and purple spots that I would describe as petechial hemorraging (sp). Has anyone else experienced this and what should I do about it if anything?

I've had pretty bad swelling, but never had petechial spots with it. I do have petechial spots, but they are unrelated to swelling. If it isn't any worse today, I'd say it's probably ok to wait and call your doc tomorrow. If it is worse today, I would try to reach your doc today and see what he thinks.

Hello abooker,

I have swelling of the hands and knuckles it does hurt but i've found not trying to rejuice it des'nt help much, as it goes down slowly on it's own.

Those petechial hemorraging is actual broken blood vessels under the skin and they produce themselves as spots...i have them in red only and my dermo tested me for vasculitis as that can be a connection to them also.

This link explains about it:

http://www.primehealthchannel.com/petechiae-petechia.html

The ones on this leg is what i have on my legs also and they can appear anywhere on the body.

Hugs terri xxx

Hello abooker,

How are you feeling since you added this discussion and how are the petechial hemorraging...please update we when you can :) xxx

I'm feeling some better, still dealing with a lot of joint pain but swelling is down. The spots are still there and seem to be covering my feet. I called my Rheumy and he is going to see me in a couple days to make sure I don't have a blood clot. So...I will keep you all updated as I find out! Thanks for the support!

H,i do you have any pain pills ??? Well they really don't help (me anyway) , but try taking them the nite before you go to bed . Not saying that they won't swell , but not as much...Beverly L.

Abooker

I get petechia on my stomach all the time, specially when I am on steroids! I have also been Diagnosed with Vasculitis, all which I understand to be a part of the SLE. I have pictures of the Vasculitis on my main page if would like to see it!

Lets us know how it all turns out! Best of luck!

Deenie

abooker1022 said:

I'm feeling some better, still dealing with a lot of joint pain but swelling is down. The spots are still there and seem to be covering my feet. I called my Rheumy and he is going to see me in a couple days to make sure I don't have a blood clot. So...I will keep you all updated as I find out! Thanks for the support!

Hello abooker,

So nice to hear off you since you posted your discussion.

The joint pain can be a never ending story but regarding swelling that's up and down at different times.

Abooker i've had blood clots and i never had those and the clots was all through my left leg and ankle...i hope to god it is'nt that and your rheumo can actually say what your suffering.

We'll wait for you update and i'm thinking of you dearly :) xxx

123tagged.Com

All the very best of luck.

abooker1022 said: