Nail bed!

Has anyone found there nail bed has changed?

Yes. My nail bed has dark red spots on some fingers. I asked my dr about this and she didn't know why this happened. I would love to know if anyone else has had this happen to them or what changes others have experienced.

Sue D

hi I am new on this site, and yes I have noticed. My nail beds are cracked and peeling, they are not strong anymore.

Hello Kathy / Ladies,

Nail beds changing is 80% down to raynauds or vasculitis...plus other autoimmune diseases connected.

If you have red spots underneath the edge of the skin or undeneath the nail those are broken blood vessels a sign of vasculitis...if you have splinters in your nails which look like thin pieces of small wood, another form of vasculitis.

Keep your nails short at all times as letting them grow causes nerve pain plus mine have fine thin lines down them and also have lost their shine....so be careful regarding you nails.

This pic below is what Lupus / raynauds can do combined

This link shows you pictures concerning your nails and causes with Lupus.

http://www.prafulla.net/medical-and-health/quick-overview-of-finger...

I have raynauds and my hand are cold, my legs discolor and my nails peel.

Hello Nurse,

We do have a Raynauds group on the main page if you want to join it...the coldness in the hands is terrible i have to type in gloves, my actually nails don't peel but the skin around them is like the picture above besides cuts developing on the joints which are also sore.

There's not really much help with this condition...some steriod creams help with certain issues and you need to be under a dermo but i can't use none no more as my DLE got to bad for them regarding burning my skin in the end...there's so many of us with this condition and it usually follows with alot of A1 Diseases with Lupus.

Nurse93 said:

I have raynauds and my hand are cold, my legs discolor and my nails peel.

Hi Sue,i have well they look like splinters going across the tips of my nail bed,and they are very dry,and peeling x

Sue D said:

Yes. My nail bed has dark red spots on some fingers. I asked my dr about this and she didn't know why this happened. I would love to know if anyone else has had this happen to them or what changes others have experienced.

Sue D

Hello Kathy,

I think you'll find this link very interesting regarding your splinters and other members plus it explains different condition's reagrding the mails besides.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2004/0315/p1417.html

Love Terri xxx