Quantcast

Life With Lupus

Medical Cannibis

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don’t even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Relationships

Hi this is my 1st time commenting in any post but I am also very interested in this topic. I do not smoke at all because I have chronic asthma but I was advised edibles. I refuse serious pain killers because I have seen the side effects and addiction so I suffer in silence. I take so many Motrin I’m afraid of kidney damage. I’m looking for a more natural path.

I have tried CBD but did not experience any relief. I have used cannabis for pain relief after I injured my knee skiing. It is the most effective pain reliever I’ve ever used. I don’t smoke either, but I tried edibles (butter, etc.). After having many side effects with prescribed pharmaceuticals, I’m ready to turn to medical marijuana. I feel THC is a necessary component in order to receive relief. Now that I’m retired and mostly at home I feel I can use cannabis without risk (my job entailed a lot of driving). It is natural and doesn’t have side effects. It’s not for everyone, but I do believe it is a beneficial med for pain and inflammation.

I have had medical cannibas for years. It does really help with pain and anxiety.
The problem is I only use edible because of asthma. Edible is very strong and I hate being stoned. I have to find some with a high CBD level. It is easier to smoke because you can tell how much you need right away. The edible may hit you in an hour or 2.
I also us a spray for the pain in my hands. The topicals are very expensive and that is a challenge.

It is hard to find the right dosage, would be nice if a doctor could tell you!
I hardley ever use it.