IV Treatment for Lupus

My rheumy is talking about starting an IV treatment for my Lupus and I would like to

know if anyone has had any success with such treatment? I am hesitant since I do not know what to expect. I would greatly appreciate any feed back that can be offered.

Thanks so much.

dibug

Join Benlysta Buddies on Facebook- very active group that discusses good and bad for this therapy

Hello Dibug,

I've not taken IV Treatment so i can't help you but there will be some member's who will answer in due course.

Here's a link about what IV treatment does http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100726151605.htm

Love Terri xxx

What is in the IV?

Ang

Hi Ang,

It's an infusion of liquid substances directly into a vein and it's for SLE and it's meds which some members have already "Infusions" Ang

http://www.hss.edu/conditions_lupus_and_infusion_therapy_what_you_should_know_now.asp

Draginfli said:

What is in the IV?

Ang

Terri,

Thank you - Infusion therapy and IV treatment - same things... why it didn't click in my brain I do not know...?

I'm saying "knock knock" on my brain the last few days!

Hugs - Ang

Come on Ang, get with it mate.

Have you got brain fog as your smack on the nail as a rule....here this is to waken you up

Slapping animated emoticonlol
Love you loads mate. xxx

Draginfli said:

Terri,

Thank you - Infusion therapy and IV treatment - same things... why it didn't click in my brain I do not know...?

I'm saying "knock knock" on my brain the last few days!

Hugs - Ang

Terri!

LOL! I have some serious brain fog my friend! :)

So, everyone... if I say something that makes no sense... I have a real live excuse!

:) Love to you! Ang

Ang i could'nt help myself mate...i'm in an hypo state again like before.lol

Draginfli said:

Terri!

LOL! I have some serious brain fog my friend! :)

So, everyone... if I say something that makes no sense... I have a real live excuse!

:) Love to you! Ang

Terri, I like being in hypo state sometimes! It means "energy"!

Love you my friend!!

Hi Ang,

My hypo states come off my epilepsy and electricity in the pain...very rare i get them but i laugh at stuff quick and just putting that icon on i was laughing to bits...wondering what you'd be thinking.lol

Love you loads Ang. xxx

Though I've never had an IV treatmet for my lupus ++, I do know that there are a number of medications that can be given "IV" and not only for lupus. My "guess," for us lupeys, might be either Benlysta or high doses of prednisone. Again yet, it could be some other medication.

Ask your rheumy what is going to be in the IV. Be fearless about asking lotsa questions!

Bless You!

Though I've never had an IV for the treatmet of my lupus, I do know that there are tons of medications that can be given "IV." My "guess" for us lupeys, might be either Benlysta or high doses of prednisone. Again, it could be some other medication.

Ask your rheumy what is going to be in the IV. Be fearless and ask lotsa question.

Bless You!

Hello USAGURL,

Your correct it is Benlysta or high doses of prednisone besides other's which members have taken and i'm surprised more members have'nt come forward on this discussion...who are having the infusion.

"Come on Dunnia get involved as you've had several". xxx

USAGURL said:

Though I've never had an IV for the treatmet of my lupus, I do know that there are tons of medications that can be given "IV." My "guess" for us lupeys, might be either Benlysta or high doses of prednisone. Again, it could be some other medication.

Ask your rheumy what is going to be in the IV. Be fearless and ask lotsa question.

Bless You!

I've had Benlysta IV which I had side effects, IV Cytoxan that worked for Nephritis & hemolytic anemia & IV Rituxan that initially worked. When I tried it again I had an allergic reaction. Usually the Dr gives u a print out of side effects & how drug works so u can make an informed consent. It would be helpful to know the drug you are going to receive, without that it's impossible to tell you what if any side effects you might have

"Thank you" OC GAL for coming onto the thread and giving important information out about the infusions...because although we can add links it's not like patients who take the meds.

Love Terri xxx

OC GAL said:

I've had Benlysta IV which I had side effects, IV Cytoxan that worked for Nephritis & hemolytic anemia & IV Rituxan that initially worked. When I tried it again I had an allergic reaction. Usually the Dr gives u a print out of side effects & how drug works so u can make an informed consent. It would be helpful to know the drug you are going to receive, without that it's impossible to tell you what if any side effects you might have

Helloooo!!!.. I get IV treatments I called them infusions… my infusions are a medicine called Rituxan its almost like Benlysta. Its such a good medicine for my Lupus and it has help me a lot …they give it to you in an IV and it takes around Five to six hrs…I usually get tired afterwards and get mild fever and some muscle aches …but a few weeks later im fine …I get this treatment four times a year and I been doing it for almost three years …I still have to take the rest of my meds but I’m feeling way better that how I was before the infusions …you should think about it and do some research on this meds and ask your Dr which IV he wants you to be on…I wish you the best and hope you get better …love DUNNIA …

Tez_20 said:

Hello USAGURL,

Your correct it is Benlysta or high doses of prednisone besides other's which members have taken and i'm surprised more members have'nt come forward on this discussion...who are having the infusion.

USAGURL said:

Bless You!

Dunnia said:

Tez_20 said:

Hello USAGURL,

USAGURL said:

Bless You!

I love you for thinking of me Terri!!.. and sorry I didn’t respond sooner …love DUNNIA