Itching

I have noticed that I itch and I'm always self conscious of it. I wondered if anyone else experiences this?

Hello sunrisetrisha,

I have this with my skin having DLE...even if a flare as'nt come out i still get it with the change of heat with my raynauds and i just scratch away.

To be totally honest i don't care about if other's see me do it or not because i'm relieving myself by scratching and i've always got added scabs.

I would'nt worry to much, if your adding cream to help all the better but otherwise your suffering not outsiders.

((Hugs Terri)) xxx

I itch when my tumid lupus rash breaks out. I have topical cream to use on it. Do you have a rash. If so, was it biopsyied?

It's strange, I itch but the only rash I have has been on the palm of my left hand since surgery a couple of years ago and it itches like crazy. Otherwise, I itch everywhere but no rash; especially my feet. They burn or itch or feel like they're swelling but nothing is there that I can see. I put lotions on all the time even the middle of the night.

I don't have a rash, but my head, and my arms and shoulders itch. My feet burn and they do swell very bad. I have been experimenting with increasing how much water I drink. Last week, when it was so hot I drank about 100 oz and my feet were less painful in a couple of days.

If you drank water and found it eased you...then it sounds like your body is going dehydrated and causing these issues, that's the trouble with Lupus it causes dehydration at times. xxx

sunrisetrisha said:

I don't have a rash, but my head, and my arms and shoulders itch. My feet burn and they do swell very bad. I have been experimenting with increasing how much water I drink. Last week, when it was so hot I drank about 100 oz and my feet were less painful in a couple of days.

your skin is dry. I would start taking some preneadel vitamins with minerals and get u a really good lotion like aveno or vaselin... and apply it a few times a day to start with. if u want u can put the lotion in the fridge and it wilbe nice and cool....

I didn't know dehydration is a symptom, I'll watch it. My skin doesn't feel dry to the touch, as I use so much lotion but the sensation feels like it's dry sometimes. Gotta go drink some water!

Thanks for all the great advice. My skin doesn't feel dry to the touch either, but I don't use much lotion so its time to start. I didn't know that dehydration was a sympton either, but I have learned from all the great discussions I've read that its time that I start taking better care of myself. I've put myself last on the list for along time, and its catching up with me now.

Hello Kadeeee,

Yes dehydartion mate is an issue where Lupus is concerned and it's not so much dry skin...you get a craving out the blue for coldness in your system plus you start burning up, that's when dehydration is kicking in...i'm a tea lover but it happens often with me and then i have no choice where water's concerned.

Enjoy your cuppa.lol

Kadeeeee said:

I didn't know dehydration is a symptom, I'll watch it. My skin doesn't feel dry to the touch, as I use so much lotion but the sensation feels like it's dry sometimes. Gotta go drink some water!

Hello sunrisetrisha,

As long as you have Lupus you must always consider your organs even if it's just skin problems alone because if dehydration kicks in then there's less fluid around your organs....my skin on my body is coming off in flakes nothing perusual though and you alwys need to put no'1 first in these concerns.

Love Terri xxx

sunrisetrisha said:

Thanks for all the great advice. My skin doesn't feel dry to the touch either, but I don't use much lotion so its time to start. I didn't know that dehydration was a sympton either, but I have learned from all the great discussions I've read that its time that I start taking better care of myself. I've put myself last on the list for along time, and its catching up with me now.

I had no idea - I thought I was having hot flashes or something......

Tez_20 said:

Hello Kadeeee,

Yes dehydartion mate is an issue where Lupus is concerned and it's not so much dry skin...you get a craving out the blue for coldness in your system plus you start burning up, that's when dehydration is kicking in...i'm a tea lover but it happens often with me and then i have no choice where water's concerned.

Enjoy your cuppa.lol

Kadeeeee said:

Keep an eye on it now you've had occurances of it...just keep on drinking the water.

sunrisetrisha said:

I had no idea - I thought I was having hot flashes or something......

Tez_20 said:

Hello Kadeeee,

Enjoy your cuppa.lol

Kadeeeee said:

Terri,

I realize that I have a lot to learn.

Trisha
Tez_20 said:

Hello sunrisetrisha,

As long as you have Lupus you must always consider your organs even if it's just skin problems alone because if dehydration kicks in then there's less fluid around your organs....my skin on my body is coming off in flakes nothing perusual though and you alwys need to put no'1 first in these concerns.

Love Terri xxx

sunrisetrisha said:

Hi sunrishtrisha,

We're always learning something but here's a link regarding dehydration which causes itching skin. xxx

http://www.natural-cure-alternatives.com/symptoms-of-dehydration-in-adults.html

Tez, do you mean when I sweat for no reason or when I'm cold for no reason? Or, do you mean when my feet and skin feel on fire and not sweating? I've said for years my thermostat is broken! If I get too warm, I can't cool down and when I'm cold, can't warm up. I'm confused. For my other daughter's wedding, I was more worried about finding something that wouldn't make me sweat than about fashion. hehe

Kathy,

With Lupus you can get hot sweats that drive you mad that do make you turn cold then, if your at the age for menopause always best to get that ruled out as my doctor did it 3 times and if your ok then your symptoms are linked with Lupus but you cn get sweats and you can get high sweats which lead to dehydration...you may have thyroid trouble besides that's another lovely symptoms of our lupus.lol...as i have thyroid trouble plus with my raynauds my body heat is throwing either way all the time it's a nightmare.

I will actually say something with this diease you do have to look for things to suite your body regarding warmth...then protection against heat and like you say fashion is'nt an highlight..it's keeping your body right.

The above link i've added may help you also. xxx

Thank you so much Tez. You've got my attention.

Glad i was able to help you kathy. xxx

Kadeeeee said:

Thank you so much Tez. You've got my attention.