Is There a Light at the End of the Tunnel?

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been in touch in awhile. Things at work and at home(no money) have just totally dug a grave and put me in it. Oh a good thought, I have had 3 Infusions of Benlysta now. My blood work looks the best it has ever looked. The only thing is that since last Monday, I have been fighting pneumonia. I am somewhat better now and plan to go back to work on Wednesday the 16th. I know how I probably got pneumonia.My job has been very stressful lately and my boss has not helped the matters. I am having to do all this testing on 5 students for their kindergarten packets in order to get them ready for the psychologist. It has to be done before Thanksgiving break which in Monday. I also am having to collect data for Tier 4 (a process to show student data that IEP goals are being met through pictures, notes, journals, and percentage tables), and Class Keys which is a new strategy to grade teachers now which requires us to collect artifacts and data on our goals and objectives that we as teachers are supposed to meet. Lots of work and I am not even close to catching up on everything. I work in Pre-K Special Needs. My paraprofessional has been a soap opera issue that I won't get into, but I just haven't had any help. I have been trying to do it all by myself. I know all this is what caused my immune system to drop which in turn caused me to get pneumonia. I also know that I have to take care of myself, but this job means the world to me and I have to keep it. My husband is self-employed and without my job we would not have any health benefits. I am also trying to tutor on the side to make a little extra money. My husband and I are struggling big time. We can't even put gas in the car. Everything I make goes toward medical bills and house hold bills. By the time I get some things paid for, we do not have enough to buy groceries etc. We can't get help because I make to much money to qualify for any assistance even though my money goes to medical. They do not look at that. My husband is trying but work is scarce. I am scared. Starting January my health benefits go up and my medicine will not be included in my out of pocket expense like this past year. I do not know how we are going to make it. My medicine runs about $900.00 a month and I cannot get any assistance with my medicines. I have tried discount cards but the pharmacies will only take insurance or the card not both. That does not help me. I just feel for people without insurance. I don't know how you live with Lupus without it. I can't even afford my medicine with insurance. I am sorry I have just rambled on but I am scared that my family and I won't make it. I am tired of having nothing. I have my masters degree and my visions were that my family and I could start saving some money to fix up our house etc. but that vision died. My pay only raised a little and my medical raised a lot therefore I am still in the hole. Can anyone give me any suggestions? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

HI KIM,

WHAT U DO DAILY IS AMAZING, TAKING CARE OF THESE CHILDREN THAT NEED U SO MUCH EVERYDAY TO GET BY....TRUST ME, I DO UNDERSTAND!!

WHAT U ARE FACING WITH R LUPUS & FLARES, BREAKS MY HEART, AS I TOO UNDERSTAND, WHAT U AR FEELING.....U NEED TO SLOW DOWN UR PACE, FOR "YOU", IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN CUZ UR HEALTH & HAPPINESS OVERALL DEPENDS ON IT GREATLY!!! I DON'T HAVE INS. SO I AM ONE WHICH KNOWS WHAT IT IS LIKE TO LIVE WITHOUT THE TRATMENTS NEEDED DUE TO COSTS OF THESE MEDS. LOOK HOW MUCH $ IT COSTS U & U HAVE NSURANCE & A GOOD JOB?!IT IS SICKENING WHAT HEALTHCARE IS LIKE IN OUR COUNTRY....I FEEL FOR EVERYONE....BUT THAT IS ANOTHER ISSUE ALTOGETHER!!!

BUT, ON THE OTHER HAND, U ARE 1 PERSON, U ARE ABLE TO DO ONLY SO MUCH, AND U NEED TO KNOW THAT! SO TAKE IT SLOWER & DO NOT MAKE URSELF SICKER.....IT IS NOT WORTH IT, TRUST ME!!! MONEY IS ONLY A SMALL, BUT VITAL PART OF OUR OVERALL WELL-BEING & HAPPINESS........LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, FAITH & UNDERSTANDING OF OUR LIMITS EXCEEDS IT BY FAR!!! SO, TAKE A DEEP BREATH, KEEP UR FAITH, & BELIEVE THAT IN THE END, ALL WILL WORK OUT FOR THE VERY BEST 4 U!

THESE BUMPS IN THE ROAD R HERE TO TEST UR STRENGTH, SO, U NEED TO SHOW HOW STRONG U ARE!!! AS ALWAYS U ARE IN MY PRAYERS & THOUGHTS!!

STAY STRONG & BE WELL! SUZIE :0) XO

Thanks Suzie, I needed that.

suzie said:

HI KIM,

WHAT U DO DAILY IS AMAZING, TAKING CARE OF THESE CHILDREN THAT NEED U SO MUCH EVERYDAY TO GET BY....TRUST ME, I DO UNDERSTAND!!

WHAT U ARE FACING WITH R LUPUS & FLARES, BREAKS MY HEART, AS I TOO UNDERSTAND, WHAT U AR FEELING.....U NEED TO SLOW DOWN UR PACE, FOR "YOU", IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN CUZ UR HEALTH & HAPPINESS OVERALL DEPENDS ON IT GREATLY!!! I DON'T HAVE INS. SO I AM ONE WHICH KNOWS WHAT IT IS LIKE TO LIVE WITHOUT THE TRATMENTS NEEDED DUE TO COSTS OF THESE MEDS. LOOK HOW MUCH $ IT COSTS U & U HAVE NSURANCE & A GOOD JOB?!IT IS SICKENING WHAT HEALTHCARE IS LIKE IN OUR COUNTRY....I FEEL FOR EVERYONE....BUT THAT IS ANOTHER ISSUE ALTOGETHER!!!

BUT, ON THE OTHER HAND, U ARE 1 PERSON, U ARE ABLE TO DO ONLY SO MUCH, AND U NEED TO KNOW THAT! SO TAKE IT SLOWER & DO NOT MAKE URSELF SICKER.....IT IS NOT WORTH IT, TRUST ME!!! MONEY IS ONLY A SMALL, BUT VITAL PART OF OUR OVERALL WELL-BEING & HAPPINESS........LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, FAITH & UNDERSTANDING OF OUR LIMITS EXCEEDS IT BY FAR!!! SO, TAKE A DEEP BREATH, KEEP UR FAITH, & BELIEVE THAT IN THE END, ALL WILL WORK OUT FOR THE VERY BEST 4 U!

THESE BUMPS IN THE ROAD R HERE TO TEST UR STRENGTH, SO, U NEED TO SHOW HOW STRONG U ARE!!! AS ALWAYS U ARE IN MY PRAYERS & THOUGHTS!!

STAY STRONG & BE WELL! SUZIE :0) XO