Found a sure-fire way to get rid of my hiccups

So a few days ago I made a post about these horrible hiccup attacks that I had been getting. They were lasting days,not hours,were horribly painful and really made sleeping even more difficult than normal. I happened to be going through all my prescription information sheets because I keep them in a file that I can just grab and take with me to the doctor’s office or ER so I don’t have to rely on my Swiss cheese brain to remember it all. Anyway as I was going through them I was re-reading the pamphlets and noticed that my muscle relaxer(baclofen)is also used to treat bad hiccup fits. Turns out that the universe had it in for me (I swear I must have been a hellion in a past life cause I’m paying for it this time around) because the very next day I had a visit from the hiccup monster. I took a half (for me) dose, 10 mg., and sure enough thirty-ish minutes later they were gone. I just wanted to pass on the info in case anyone else might be helped, finally a pill with a positive side effect!

So glad you found what works on those hiccups. I can’t imagine what it would be like to go on for days at a time with them.

So glad you found a cure! One time, I had the hiccups for over a week---24/7. I was VERY young (20) and my fiancé was killed in a freak accident.....I think the hiccups were a result of all the crying.... I am going to print out your email so I don't forget the hiccup cure! Thanks much, Lupan Catwoman

Lupancatwoman, I’m so sorry to hear about your fiancé. I wonder if hiccups could be cussed by a stress trigger?

I’m not sure what causes my epic hiccup fits but I’ve had them since wI was a wee one. Strangely enough my mom gets them like I do, I wonder if it could be hereditary. It seems like such a silly thing to be talking about considering some of the other things I have to deal with but after a few hours they start to be extremely painful as it causes the muscles in my abdomen and back to start spasming.

Oh huzzah, I'm so glad to hear you found something that helped! Hiccups are nothing to sneeze at! (I think I'm mixing ailments now.) Hopefully this will resolve at least one issue you've got going. Small or large, we all know how nice it is to have something eased that was giving us trouble! Kudos to you for keeping all that info on hand and USING it! ::cheers!::