Eye Problems

I have been diagnosed with Superior Lymbic Keratoconjunctivitis. I guess it is related to the Graves Disease in my past. Does anyone have experience with this? I take the steroid drops and it goes away, but it seems to keep coming back. Anyone know what triggers it? Any info would be appreciated.

Hello Jenny,

Sorry to hear your suffering this as eye problems don't help we and i get issues from my sjogrens but never had Superior Lymbic Keratoconjunctivitis but members will answer in due course.

Superior Lymbic Keratoconjunctivitis comes from graves disease and also thyroid disease and i would also ask about having sjogren's as it can also be connected to it.

This link below explains a great deal about the condition :)

http://www.glaucoma-eye-info.com/thyroid-eye-disease.html

Treatments for Superior limbic keratoconjunctivitis

• Lubrication of the eye or topical cyclosporine A can alleviate symptoms in some cases. Sometime surgery, cautery or chemotherapy with silver nitrate to remove the problem conjunctiva may be needed. Some patients may improve by using a large contact lens

All the very best Terri :) xxx

Tez_20 said:

Hello Jenny,

Sorry to hear your suffering this as eye problems don't help we and i get issues from my sjogrens but never had Superior Lymbic Keratoconjunctivitis but members will answer in due course.

Superior Lymbic Keratoconjunctivitis comes from graves disease and also thyroid disease and i would also ask about having sjogren's as it can also be connected to it.

This link below explains a great deal about the condition :)

http://www.glaucoma-eye-info.com/thyroid-eye-disease.html

Treatments for Superior limbic keratoconjunctivitis

• Lubrication of the eye or topical cyclosporine A can alleviate symptoms in some cases. Sometime surgery, cautery or chemotherapy with silver nitrate to remove the problem conjunctiva may be needed. Some patients may improve by using a large contact lens

All the very best Terri :) xxx

Thanks for the link Terri! I am hoping that someone who has dealt with for some time will have some advise.

Hello Jenny,

I just hope a member comes along and can give you sound advice on the condition...fingerscrossed mate :) xxx