Emergency! i am freaking out!

ive found a large lump about the size of an egg maybe a little bigger on the left hand side under my ribcage!! its smooth and rubbery i suppose... im seriously scared... it doesnt hurt when i press it and its easily moveable it doesnt feel like its attatched to my rib or anything... ive got a telephone appointment with the nurse today and im getting a doctors appointment on tuesday because its a stupid bank holiday on monday :( :( please help im so scared

Try not to freak out. It could be anything from an irritated bug bite to a cyst to a weird bruise (like how people get knots on their head when they get bumped). It doesn't sound like anything serious from how you've described it though.

Cayleigh

You're doing the right thing - with your telephone appointment with the nurse. Good advice from Ballerina, don't freak out. Please let us know what you learn from the nurse, we're here for you.

the nurse has put me in with the doctor today for an emergency appointment... its not a bruise or bug bite because its deep under the skin... i cant help but worry its just one thing after another :( :(

could just be a fatty tumor, they are not cancerous, had one behind my ear, went to a dermatologist and he gave me a local and went it got knub he lanced it off, didnt feel a thing, i wouldnt worry and they can come up anywhere, know somebody that had one of their butt, lol, bet that was embarrasing, glad it wasnt on my butt !!

cayleigh said:

the nurse has put me in with the doctor today for an emergency appointment... its not a bruise or bug bite because its deep under the skin... i cant help but worry its just one thing after another :( :(

Hello Cayleigh,

Don't panic mate, just go to the doctor's with confidence and as long as there's no pain it can easily be a cyst, lymph node as these can grow at different rates as i know.

I panicked years back through one doctor finding a lump in my breast, then my GP confirmed it and i left it alone and went 5yrs worrying and in the end my hubby made me go, they scanned my breasts and my one breast carries fatty tissue which expand to feel like a lump and the other breast is clear.

Just try not to panic and please let we know how you get on....Hugs Terri xxx

The doctor tried making out i was being a hypochondriac even though he could clearly feel the lump and he then said he would send me for an ultrasound because I needed one on my kidneys anyway so he was killing 2 birds with one stone… It was the same doctor that told me all my problems were in my head before I was finally diagnosed with lupus and I think he’s pissed off that he was wrong and is taking it out on me :frowning: :frowning: Im going to change my doctor… me and my dad who was there with mw are not impressed…

As Ballerina said,

Don't freak out. You have lymph nodes and sweat gland over your entire body with the exception of that palms of your hands and bottoms of feet. That said, any little bacteria or bug can cause one to swell for a short time. The fact that it came on so quickly is good and I would be thinking clogged cyst, which are easily drained.

Will be thinking of you in the meantime and try to enjoy your weekend.

DeAnne

Good for you. You will be seeing your Rhuemy more than any other doc, usually and there must be that relationship.

XOXO,

DeAnne

cayleigh said:

The doctor tried making out i was being a hypochondriac even though he could clearly feel the lump and he then said he would send me for an ultrasound because I needed one on my kidneys anyway so he was killing 2 birds with one stone... It was the same doctor that told me all my problems were in my head before I was finally diagnosed with lupus and I think he's pissed off that he was wrong and is taking it out on me :( :( Im going to change my doctor... me and my dad who was there with mw are not impressed...

Thanks I’ve eased my mind a bit by looking it up and it could easily be a lipoma or a floating rib… I just hope I don’t have to wait too long for my ultrasound

Thinking of you & hoping the tension & are worry are answered ASAP. Kaz xo

I found a lump 2 years ago under my right arm, pcp sent me to a surgeon and she thought it was nothing after ultra sound, but my rheumy wanted a bx, it was follicular hyperplasia, I now have about 5, when I have a flare up they hurt, but they assure me it's not cancerous. good luck!

Morgan said:

Cayleigh, so glad you got seen before the long weekend, simply to ease your mind. all posting are right, no panicking! deep breaths, and know lymph nodes can quickly swell, if that's what it is. My experience leads me that way, go through it a lot. breasts, underarms, even chest and abdominal cavity. drinking plenty of good plain water seems to help, as well as anti inflammatory herbs and supplements for stress. (zinc a fav)

Several books and legit lupus websites say swollen lymph nodes can occur in many lupus patients. If you don't respect and trust your doctor, def time to find care you are more comfortable with.

gentle hugs. now, go do something nice for yourself, and take your mind off of this for awhile.

I agree that it sounds like fatty tissue. Try to stay calm. Know that you are not alone and we are here for you.

Dear Cayleigh,

Most important is that you have made an appointment to get it checked out. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten myself so unbelievably nervous about something going on with me and the outcome is much better than I have imagined. Try and keep your mind busy this weekend. Maybe do something you know you love but haven't taken the time for yourself. I love going to get a pedicure because it is so relaxing and sometimes I pick a wild color just to have a little fun. Such a little thing but it does help.

Take care,

I am glad you are getting it checked out. It sounds like a lymph mode to me. I will say that usually when they hurt it is swollen from infection. I had Hodgkin’s disease and had swollen nodes all over, but they were cancerous rumors. They did not have pain. It is most likely nothing but should be checked out ASAP.

I found one very similar and was not diagnosed at the time dr called it a ball of fat....no not obese here but I accepted it.... Now occasionally it stings but just as fast goes away....

Maybe if it's part of Lupus I may need to mention it to Dr...I will follow this post

Hay!, you might have a Lupuma mass-which is no threat . I had mine removed about almost 4 to 5years ago, it was a mass of fat that had no use for anything, it was no health harrzard at all, it really is harmless!!! , (maybe that is what it is!) but of course we "living with Lupus "have some many things that go wrong with us at times, that even the normal things become a concern to us!! Smile Hope that everything goes well for you at your doctor appointment…Beverly L.

I’m awaiting an ultrasound… I have no idea how long I’ve got to wait :frowning: :frowning:

Hi cayleigh,

I hope your appointment comes soon so you know what's going on but i think personally it could be a lymph node or like "robc" mentioned a ball of fat known here as Fatty tissue which moves around in the body and lodge anywhere and can grow at different stages wheather you carry weight or not.

Hugs Terri :)