eGFR Tests?

I have a copy of my tests results and am confused. The eGFR says >59 ? What does that mean?

Not Sure?? Hmm??? Is it ESR??? That is inflamation marker, The Sed Rate..... I know....Maybe it is a typo on the paperwork??? I am usually good w/ that stuff......Let me know when u find out, OK. Be Well!! Happy Holidays to you & yours!!! :0) Suzie

If it is the ESR then I know 59 is elevated, which means there is inflammation in ur body & is common is SLE/ Autoimmune. Try Googling what you see for more info.....Suzie

http://www.kidneyfund.org/kidney-health/kidney-tests/kidney-test-egfr.html

This may or may not be the correct reference to eGFR???

This test is about your kidneys . It doesn’t seem to be out of referrance. Best thing to do is call your doc. and ask him. read up on referance rates for lab test. this should help. It is a test of how well your kidneys are handling your creatine. Good luck.

I am new, as of today, and hope you have gotten the information that you need. However, if you have not: estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR) measures the clearance of creatinine, which is excreted by the kidneys and is a byproduct of muscle metabolism. It is produced according to your muscle mass. Since the kidneys filter it at given intervals, it helps provide a picture of kidney filtering, one of the primary functions of kidneys. Because it is muscle mass specific, the only way to know what the lab value means is to do the math for the equation. Usually the lab notes whether a value is high or low. This test is usually done along with a creatinine clearance because the two indicators go hand in hand. In any case, decreased creatinine clearance is associated with impaired kidney function from many causes and increased clearance rates are related to oddities such as burns and pregnancy. Creatinine clearance is different from the amount of creatinine in the urine.

Creatinine is related to kidney function and muscle metabolism while creatine is formed from amino acids and is found in supplements and animal protein, and is part of the ATP cycle of cellular energy