Disability

Hey all as I try to type this out, I am so tired, foggy minded, and feel like my limbs weigh a ton each. I do have a stressful job as an office manager for a very high strung doctor. Anyway, my primary care doc has put me on medical leave for a while to see how I do. I have SLE, Sjogren's, Raynauds, anxiety, panic attacks, and depression. I know with my job I see a lot of patients that come through and they are on disability and I think Wow they should work in my shoes one day. I hate to feel like I am giving up, but I was just wondering if there are others out there with the same diagnosis that I have and have been approved for disability? I do have short term and long term disability, if my primary care doc will help me if I decide I am ready to go this avenue. Thanks

Yes I had to all most kill myself at work for me to give up my job that I’ve was at for 16 years , I had all those diagnosis and more b/ p 22/120 Fiber my and Arithritis and bad back. I worked in nursing home as a nurse.

Anita Chandlef said:

Yes I had to all most kill myself at work for me to give up my job that I've was at for 16 years , I had all those diagnosis and more b/ p 22/120 Fiber my and Arithritis and bad back. I worked in nursing home as a nurse.
Anita,
I do admire what you did. I have also worked in the nursing homes and know what it is all about. I did forget to mention that I have 3 herniated disc in lower back and cervical, and the Fibro. How in the heck can I forget that? I forget what I am doing so much through out the day that when I am thinking of something I make sticky notes. I have left the water on countless times when brushing my teeth or washing my hands. Just walk right out and forget it. Then the other day I was sweeping my kitchen and I swept up the dust into the pan and kid you now walked right over and poured it in the sink. I just feel like I am losing it all together.

Disability depends more on your physical limitations than it does on your diagnoses. For SSDI you have to prove physical limitations that would prevent you making $900 a month at ANY job and that is much harder to prove Maybe after being off a while you will start to feel better or maybe you just need a less stressful job Good luck either way