Communication

Through communication there is understanding.
With understanding there is unity.
In unity there is strength.

Firelady what a beautiful carm scenery...you lighten up our days with such beautiful picture's or lovely meaningful quotes.

I totally had the opposite of this all day long. Thanks for the lift. I had a PA completely judge me by my med list alone. He is going to put me on as having "safety precautions" for work due to my meds. Can anyone say discrimination? I so wish I could turn around and sue this jerk! Karla

Lovely picture of beauty, calmness, and peace.

And your comment is thoughtful.

Thank you!

Karla, Did he give you any explanation why he said that? Could it be that he was trying to protect you? I don't know what kind of job you have but in the event of an accident, you have an ally. I have always tried to be open with those with whom I work in the event I had a problem. My meds are listed...name, time I take them, and the amount...my doctor's name etc. We are a high risk group and perhaps that is all he was thinking. I hope in no way it affected your job...

It implies that my judgement is altered by medication. He's trying to protect the company from someone that is impaired by medications. Nevermind that I have taken some form of narcotics since I became a nurse. I took both board exams with xanax in my system. It does not affect my intelligence or my ability to do the job. You can not look at a drug label and imply that a person is lacking.

Hi Karla,

There's 3 ways of looking at this and i'm viewing it mainly from how the uk act upon these circumstances.

1. He's moved you from a job you was applyed for in the first case and that here alone is a tribrunal case straight away through the union...that represents workers.

2. He's moved you incase anything happens while your working then you can sue the company...here that falls as another tribrunal case.

3. He's just moved you for your own safety within the enviroment you work...wheather your on drugs or not....here for that reason would be an hard case to go on.

Hugs Terri xxx

So, I couldn't sleep until after 3 a.m. worrying about the job. So, I took some xanax and benadryl to finally sleep. I am awakened to job telling me I am unfit. I no longer have the job. I would like to promptly hang myself in the garage. After I went thru every hoop possible, I pushed a Goddamn football sled with weight on it, a wheelchair with weight on it, was treated like a leper because my urine was positive, kneeled on the floor for minutes, played with a rope in the air, did everything they could possibly want. I disclosed everything--my entire med list, my entire history, and now I have no job again. I am judged by my med list. I am unfit. There is no justice in this world. I am a good person and a great nurse but I can't beat this system. So, no more pain meds and no more xanax for sleep and anxiety. I'm gonna be a fun person to hang with. It will be 6 weeks of poverty before I can retest. I could use a little help here. Karla

karla i've just been intouch with you on your profile...please get intouch. xxx

Karla said:

So, I couldn't sleep until after 3 a.m. worrying about the job. So, I took some xanax and benadryl to finally sleep. I am awakened to job telling me I am unfit. I no longer have the job. I would like to promptly hang myself in the garage. After I went thru every hoop possible, I pushed a Goddamn football sled with weight on it, a wheelchair with weight on it, was treated like a leper because my urine was positive, kneeled on the floor for minutes, played with a rope in the air, did everything they could possibly want. I disclosed everything--my entire med list, my entire history, and now I have no job again. I am judged by my med list. I am unfit. There is no justice in this world. I am a good person and a great nurse but I can't beat this system. So, no more pain meds and no more xanax for sleep and anxiety. I'm gonna be a fun person to hang with. It will be 6 weeks of poverty before I can retest. I could use a little help here. Karla

JC...your 100% correct on this issue, she needs to get it sorted out ASAP.

John "JC" Colyer said:

You should contact a lawyer Karla, sounds like discrimination

Ann,

You've pointed some great issues out here and i know for one would be asking a fare few questions about this procedure and what they've done.

Ann A. said:

I would certainly want an explanation of why they let me go so far through the hiring process without telling me that the proper use of prescription medications would be cause for a "no hire." And I would definitely want to see what they wrote as the official reason for the "no hire." I would want a clear list of those aspects of the job that they thought could not be performed by a person who required prescription Xanax and pain meds. Is there problem with all pain meds or do they single out specific meds? There are a lot of questions that I would want answered.

AND THE SAGA CONTINUES.... So, I went to the screening facility to pick up copies of all of my file (they list me as a patient I have a right to my records--"that's America bitch!" , as Carlos Mencia would say. We have rights! I asked yesterday for copies of everything. They handed me 3 pages--one was requistion to send urine out. I said there's no urine report here and it was done the 20th. I got the report. There were no narcotics or anything else in my urine. So, since they sent it out and I owned to my med list, they cost me a job due to my med list. I had no narcotics in my system! I'm calling a lawyer on Tues. I didn't sleep very good. An hour here and there. I will probably become more manic with less sleep--with less meds. I'm goin to have to stay busy. I went to my part time job and asked for more hours. So, I picked up 5 days for Sept. Only need 15-20 more days...I have an interview Wed. with a nice office job. No weekends--no holidays. It won't pay as well but it would be easier on my body and social life. I've always worked holidays and weekends being in healthcare. We moved Christmas here and there to fit it in. Got up early or stayed up late. Santa came early, etc. Part time job is different shifts--so it screws up your sleep. I see my GP on the 13th and my rheumy at the end of the month. Unless things change with a lawsuit. I don't know I've never dealt with that before. But what happened was so not right. Well, I'm goin to the video store. Popcorn and a movie tonight. Tornado watch here. In Illinois we are seeing after affects of hurricane. Karla

Hello karla,

Lovely to hear that positie sound in you...by picking up your notes going for more hours and now a new job on wedesday this is what you need goood positivity to keep you going and seeing a lawyer for the outcome of this situation will put your mind at rest more better now.

Well i really hope things run well with your gp and seeing a lwyer does'nt run into your rheumo appointment.

Enjoy your evening Karla ...hugs Terri xxx

I think we may have an issue with losing messages. I wrote a long one and poof--gone. And someone else did and said they lost one. Anyway, it went something like--Terri, darlin' you are a Godsend! How do you keep up with everything? Yes, hubby noticed I was doin a little better today. So, we had movie night. Now can't sleep. But I'll wear down eventually. U try to help everybody--I know you are a "moderator" but still God bless you! I knew you were alot like me! U take care of everybody u can! Hugs back at ya! Karla

Hello Karla,

Regarding messages it's happened to quite a few besides myself...so when i do long replys now i copy and paste them incase it happens because you can never reply again the same as how you wanted it the first time.

I keep up with everything in my life at a slow pace got no other choice now with bad muscle wastage and pain daily but life goes on and no good living in self pitty and especially when i have such a loving husband.

See how even your hubby noticed and spending a night together is special you cherish these moments, i do even if i'm took for a meal.

Karla i've been through so much...it's a pleasure to help other's and i've always been like it before i was a mod any member will tell you the same but i have my moments where i can't come on due to the Lupus slowing my brain down to a low level so i keep off the pc..till i feel right again.

Karla Lupus is an hard disease to live with but as long as you can master it to your life style of how you can cope and with the right meds....your life is still pleasureable but some days it takes we lower with the pain and you just have to grin and bare it.

Hugs & kisses Terri xxx