Cold sores since Imuran?

Hi All!
So, since upping Imuran from 50 to 100/day last week, I have started breaking out in cold sores around my mouth. Current count is 7. 4 on top left, 3 on bottom left. Abreva keeping them from festering. I love that word, “festering.” Describes me a lot of days, lol! :slight_smile:
Talking to rhuemie Monday.
Anyone else have this issue with Imuran?
Also, how long before Imuran made you feel any better?

I have just been prescribed Imuran as well, and am very interested in hearing what folks have to say. Thanks for bringing this up!

Hi. I had that same issue with Plaqneil. As soon as I stopped, they went away. They were very annoying. My dentist used a laser to speed the healing process.

Take care

Lori

Talencia said:

I have just been prescribed Imuran as well, and am very interested in hearing what folks have to say. Thanks for bringing this up!

I have taken the generic form of Imuran at 150mg/day for over 10 years. I have several autoimmune diseases and it has helped a lot! I have never had a cold sore during that time. I'm not saying that it might not be a side effect for you, but it has not been for me. Hope they get better! Susan

I have been taking Immuran for 2 years + and it has also helped me a lot!! It took 2-3 months to have full effect. No cold sores or mouth sores here. Never had any with Plaquenil either. Lyn