Arterial Occlusion

I am a bilateral below the knee amputee. (Bilateral = happened to both legs).

Lupus Arterial Occlusion. Is there anybody else that enjoyed painful experience? doesn't have to be legs....

I am so sorry you had to go through that, it sounds painful and difficult. Since no one has answered, I’m guessing it is rare. Is there medication that addresses the problem for you? I have had a lot of issues with my feet swelling from lupus, for years. I had a series of infections the past (that turned out to be gout) and was very worried that I might end up losing my feet, and I can barely admit that. I have lost most of my energy and right mow one foot won’t move right, so I 'm leaning on a cane.

About seven months ago I was diagnosed with Lupus and Sjogren's and prescribed plaquinil. On October 14, 2014 I went in for a 'routine' echo cardiogram for a baseline ordered by my Rhuem. doctor. After about an hour into it the tech. suddenly stopped talking and excused himself and left the exam room. He returned in about two minutes with the cardiologist who looked at the test screen and quickly stepped over to me and told me that if I did not have immediate emergency surgery I would die. I was shocked and not a little bit confused at this. The doctor told me that I had a 'dissecting aorta' that was at 8+ cm, bulged in my abdomen and could burst at any moment. The tech. told me it was the largest he has seen in 30 years of performing these tests. They care flighted me to the hospital downtown were the cardio surgery team was. With in 3 hours of the test I was having surgery and the surgeons told me that they were not sure if the 8cm aneurysm would burst while I was on the table and they could lose me at some point during the surgery. They opted to go in through the femur arteries into the aorta and place stents to by-pass the aneurysm. I thank my Father God that the surgery has been a success. Stiltgirl you ask about painful experiences, well the healing part of this has been a bear, very painful and is very slow in healing. I guess that is due to my having Lupus. I have since read that some medical factions believe that 'connective tissue' diseases like ours may be a factor in a ' dissecting aorta'. So I am strongly advising all of you who have Lupus to have an echo cardiogram performed on you if you possibly can. I have since learned that 1 percent of people who have this happen to them live. What happens is the aorta bursts and you bleed out in 3 to 4 minutes. So, please my friends get this test done if you can it could save your life. God bless you all.

Patrick

Oh Patrick glad that you are still with us!!! Pain sucks!!! Meditation an breathing help, even the strongest of pain killers never took it away. I'm counting your luck stars the teckie was a good one. You must of been scared spitless. Is this something you will have to monitor?

ptpsr said:

About seven months ago I was diagnosed with Lupus and Sjogren's and prescribed plaquinil. On October 14, 2014 I went in for a 'routine' echo cardiogram for a baseline ordered by my Rhuem. doctor. After about an hour into it the tech. suddenly stopped talking and excused himself and left the exam room. He returned in about two minutes with the cardiologist who looked at the test screen and quickly stepped over to me and told me that if I did not have immediate emergency surgery I would die. I was shocked and not a little bit confused at this. The doctor told me that I had a 'dissecting aorta' that was at 8+ cm, bulged in my abdomen and could burst at any moment. The tech. told me it was the largest he has seen in 30 years of performing these tests. They care flighted me to the hospital downtown were the cardio surgery team was. With in 3 hours of the test I was having surgery and the surgeons told me that they were not sure if the 8cm aneurysm would burst while I was on the table and they could lose me at some point during the surgery. They opted to go in through the femur arteries into the aorta and place stents to by-pass the aneurysm. I thank my Father God that the surgery has been a success. Stiltgirl you ask about painful experiences, well the healing part of this has been a bear, very painful and is very slow in healing. I guess that is due to my having Lupus. I have since read that some medical factions believe that 'connective tissue' diseases like ours may be a factor in a ' dissecting aorta'. So I am strongly advising all of you who have Lupus to have an echo cardiogram performed on you if you possibly can. I have since learned that 1 percent of people who have this happen to them live. What happens is the aorta bursts and you bleed out in 3 to 4 minutes. So, please my friends get this test done if you can it could save your life. God bless you all.

Patrick