A question on tongue and under arm pain

For the past year, I have had horrid under arm pain. It's a sharp, stabbing pain. Lately, it's worse.

Also, for a few months now, the right side of my tongue really hurts. So between under arms and tongue, I have a hard time sleeping.

Anyone else having this?

Hello Bobbie,

I've just put this reply on another discussion for you.

Regarding your knees hurting are they swelling or just pain as this is inflammation which lupus does cause, unless there's an underling form of Arthritis also which they've not found.

Concerning you tongue you should see a dentist because of having your mouth checked regular besides your teeth and it can also be the parotid gland which causes salivia check to see if your face looks slightly puffed to the other side.

Check also to see if you are swollen in the armpit...take a look at this link as it may help as it's regarding hurting and also swelling to do with lymphoma which comes with Lupus in some people.

If it's getting to much and all 3 symptoms are irritating you very much...i'd go and see your GP about these issues.

Love Terri xxx

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-common-causes-of-armpit-swelli...

you need to get to your doctor asap for the under your arm pain. Not to scare you but it can be a sign of several different kinds of cancer....some if caught early no big deal.

Tongue pain, i agree with Tez and have your Dentist check it out...but also have Doctor whom is checking out your underarm pain check it out. My mom had some tongue pain, discovered a tiny cyst which was removed. It sounds creepier than it felt etc..

I get nodules from my lupus and they actually hurt if they are active and growing...often lymph glands under my arms get all sore. Just last night my husband was applying some cream and felt a new nodule. My arm has been killing me last couple weeks so was not surprised. I stopped having them removed since they come back.

But get to your Doctor...this is for GP , Internist does not need to be your SLE Rheum doc.

hope it all is just nothing

My former Dr ignored under arm pain. Today is my rheum follow up since I’ve tested ANA positive. Hopefully a diagnosis. Thank you for your time!

Hello Bobbie,

Thanks for updating me, so because your doctor as ignored it...still mention this issue to your rheumo because if it is to do with Lymph nodes it still comes under his field of work.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wi7cd4lG5iQ/T03XKgFw0WI/AAAAAAAAAEc/UxJRZGQ6IVM/s1600/good_luck.jpgI'll wait to hear from you. ((Hugs Terri)) xxx

Dear Graveyardnerd,

I have experienced under arm pain for the past 3 years. I was told to cut out most things with caffein in. But now wondering if it is from my Lupus, which I have only been diagnosed with since May. I have also experienced the under tongue discomfort. Looks like can be all apart of Lupus.

Purple Mom

Hey Purple Mom
I think all my symptoms are lupus. But once again I’m without diagnosis. It could be early stages of lupus. Tests wont show early stage. I’m ANA positive. I’m frustrated as no answer for horrible pain.
Thank you for your reply!

Purple Mom said:

Dear Graveyardnerd,

I have experienced under arm pain for the past 3 years. I was told to cut out most things with caffein in. But now wondering if it is from my Lupus, which I have only been diagnosed with since May. I have also experienced the under tongue discomfort. Looks like can be all apart of Lupus.

Purple Mom

Hello Purple Mom & Bobbie,

I found this link and symptoms which can lead to under tongue discomfort and other issues but you still need to see a doctor or even better a dentist.

http://symptomchecker.webmd.com/multiple-symptoms?symptoms=bleeding-gums|pain-or-discomfort|red-gums|sore-tongue&symptomids=21|1|446|540&locations=7|7|7|7

I've also been really looking for you both regarding underneath your arms and i found this link for you to view...plus it states this underneath the link, so besides Lumps it's refering to pain besides but also remember with Lupus it can lodge pain in the body and stay there for a while until it moves on...as i had mine mimicing tennis elbow for over a year.

Lump under armpit could have several causes from improper shaving to conditions as severe as cancer. Know what could this problem indicate and how is it treated, from ... and systemic lupus erythematosus have also known to have caused ... Pain Under Armpit · Armpit Rash Treatment · Armpit Soreness ...

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/lump-under-armpit.html

Purple Mom said:

Dear Graveyardnerd,

Purple Mom

Tongue. Im getting sores in my mouth right now.
Hope your pain goes away soon.

Aww thank you for the nice comment. My mother had awful mouth sores all the time. She would swear by drinking vinegar. I do drink apple cider vinegar, which I think helps to boost energy.

My prayers for you

From symptom checker that Terri shared. This is very interesting, and I will look into more:

Hidradenitis suppurativa is an uncommon chronic disease that affects sweat glands in the groin and armpit, known as the apocrine glands. It can cause flares of painful, pus-filled, red bumps and scarring. In some cases, it can lead to severe infections or squamous cell carcinoma, a skin cancer. Antibiotics, injections, and anti-inflammatories are used to treat it, but surgery is the most effective treatment. If you've had acne, you're more likely to get hidradenitis suppurativa. Because it can cause chronic pain, many people who have it develop depression.

Hello Bobbie,

I've just found this very useful link which i've just added to another Discussion where it covers everything we suffer besides what the issuescome under and i think you'll find it very helpful besides other members on this discussion. :)

http://www.oocities.org/hotsprings/spa/9534/facts3p.html

Hi Graveyardnerd, hope this pass !!! Just keep your spirits up . Relaxe as much as possible . Make sure that you let your doctor know what is going on . We have so much that goes on with this LUPUS stuff , that we get stressed out , but try to so hard to stay stable , it's funny . Hope that this pass for you and that you get better .... Beverly L.

Hey Beverly,

Thank you for the nice comments. Rheum doc does not know what is wrong. MAYBE early stages of lupus, maybe not. I don't have a dx other than fibro, and that's maybe. So I am in Maybeville once again. Right now, doing research on herbs! Thank you so much

My prayers go out to you!! hang in there , and get some rest .... Beverly L.

Beverly,

I just love you witt mate "it's funny"...well your right on that score but it great if we can keep our sense of humour besides :)

Beverly L. said:

Hi Graveyardnerd, hope this pass !!! Just keep your spirits up . Relaxe as much as possible . Make sure that you let your doctor know what is going on . We have so much that goes on with this LUPUS stuff , that we get stressed out , but try to so hard to stay stable , it's funny . Hope that this pass for you and that you get better .... Beverly L.

We have to laugh at something to make it easier for us to stay sane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beverly L.