A nap or longer

Durning the course of the day do you find yourself napping or sleeping more than usual is due to the heat?

Hi Lia,
Heat does'nt have to cause it, it's how your body is feeling in general besides how you are mentally....you either nap or go into sleeps, when it happens with me it's deep sleeps but i always feel worse when woken.

Thinking of you dear friend Terri xxxx

Hi Lia,

It’s been so hot in NY I’ve found myself sleeping throughout the day. The sun has been blazing everyday this week, and even with all my sunscreen and my umbrella, I feel exhausted once I come in. Unfortunately, I don’t have AC in my apartment, so I have been laying under my fans all day. My malar cheek rash is back with a vengeance too! I’m using Loreal Sublime Sun on my face and it is made for the face but it irritates my rash. I drink lots of cold water, and try to keep my place as dark as possible. I’m going to try to take my kids to the pool and see if I can handle that trip! I hate to sleep all day, feels like I’m wasting Summer!

I work in a warehouse, and we have fans but they just blow around more hot air. After an 8 hour day, I'm exhausted and I come home and grab a nap. Sometimes I sleep and I wake up more stiff and miserable than I do in the morning. Sometimes I just rest my mind and my body and don't really sleep, but I have to take a time out after the day.

Yes we get alittle rain in Ga , we are due some all next week.

Ann A. said:

Dear Lia,

The three digit temps along with the high humidity has really been getting to me. If I have to leave the house for anything, I have to take a nap when I come back. And if I don't leave the house I am bored to death with the inactivity. I am just trying to hang on till fall. Have you been getting any of the storms to go with this record breaking heatwave?

Well here's me on about our rain and just wanting abit of warmth for my raynauds...the gods must have heard me and instead of it pouring down today as the news said, it's been hot late 60s-70s and oh my god it done me in completely i weas burning up and sweaty in the home and to walk was a major effort.

Now it's raining and gone dull and i think you know the rest "I feel damp and freezing"....we can't win either way with this disease.

I have found that with this heat I am napping more, although I didn't need the heat as an excuse. I had a pretty bad day yesterday which I believe was a result of being in the heat more then I should have this week. I had an episode with what I believe to be seizure like symptoms. It scared me pretty bad, hadn't had that happen in at a month or so. I have found that along with the sleeping my foot has been swelling and I've had constant chest pain....but anyway to answer the initial question yes I have been sleeping or napping a little more.

I am sorry you havenot been feeling well and the heat doesnot help anyI myself have seizures i have had them for over 40years I havent had a swizure in awhile been over 20years, it is at times hard to beleive all the pains ,discomforts and other illnesses derive from lupus. So many mix feelings and emotions,SO truely I can relate and thanks responding to my question, I knew I wasn`t alone.

Hi everyone..I truly am so sorry the heat, humidity and rain is so unbearable where most of you are. I'm wondering about seizures. What type of seizures do you all have and what precipitates them? I don't think I've had any but when I looked up one of the medications prescribed, it says it is used for seizures. Does anyone know what symptoms lead up to a seizure? The other thing I was wondering is about the inappropriate sweating. Do we sweat because we're too weak to be doing what we're doing? Or, ?

Jeesh lia ...you're gorgeous. I swear this is the best looking group I've ever had the pleasure of being around!

thanks for the compliment , I succumb to so much pain when I have a good moment I tak e advantage of it I use my time wisely because they say you live day by day with lupus it is moment by moment , you maybe feeling alright when you wake up and before the end of the day all ailments can come down on you . As I am not able to move as fast as I use to I do take my time even though it may take me a minute to get their.Being able to adjust to taking babysteps is a adjustment so when I have the strength and I maybe feeling horriable on the inside I try to look my best on the outside ,lupus cant have all my body, this is my body God gave to me I have lupus ,lupus dont have me

Kadeeeee said:

Hi everyone..I truly am so sorry the heat, humidity and rain is so unbearable where most of you are. I'm wondering about seizures. What type of seizures do you all have and what precipitates them? I don't think I've had any but when I looked up one of the medications prescribed, it says it is used for seizures. Does anyone know what symptoms lead up to a seizure? The other thing I was wondering is about the inappropriate sweating. Do we sweat because we're too weak to be doing what we're doing? Or, ?

Jeesh lia ...you're gorgeous. I swear this is the best looking group I've ever had the pleasure of being around!

I have had seizures all my life i do know one thing that triggers them is stress, excessive drinking i sweat alot due to the side effect from the plaquenil the lupus medication sometimes I sweat more that usual and the sun doesnot help the lupus either.
Kadeeeee said:

My swelling was comming from to much fluid on my feet and hands and legs too, too much saltalso it can deteriate your kidney to much fluids can throw your protein and soduim levels off.I had to be presribed lasix.i take twicew a day to control my fluids and i watch my intake on drinking along with my weight.

NuDirection said:

I have found that with this heat I am napping more, although I didn't need the heat as an excuse. I had a pretty bad day yesterday which I believe was a result of being in the heat more then I should have this week. I had an episode with what I believe to be seizure like symptoms. It scared me pretty bad, hadn't had that happen in at a month or so. I have found that along with the sleeping my foot has been swelling and I've had constant chest pain....but anyway to answer the initial question yes I have been sleeping or napping a little more.

I feel the same way, lia...For the first time I don't have to worry about going to work and looking good, I figure the least I can do is stay home and look good! lol (it makes me feel better when I take care of myself) When I look at the ladies in this group, I think a lot of us feel that way!

lia mason said:

thanks for the compliment , I succumb to so much pain when I have a good moment I tak e advantage of it I use my time wisely because they say you live day by day with lupus it is moment by moment , you maybe feeling alright when you wake up and before the end of the day all ailments can come down on you . As I am not able to move as fast as I use to I do take my time even though it may take me a minute to get their.Being able to adjust to taking babysteps is a adjustment so when I have the strength and I maybe feeling horriable on the inside I try to look my best on the outside ,lupus cant have all my body, this is my body God gave to me I have lupus ,lupus dont have me

Kadeeeee said:

Hello Kathy,

Regarding seizures there's 135 different types...so you'll need a load of answers on that question because a large majority of people have the same seizures as one another and there's several known reason's for causing seizure's inheritence/to much electricity leading to the brain/Lupus causing it/accidents can cause them but for daily reasons STRESS is the main culprit....any neuro will always say to try and lead a stressless life but it's not that easy.

Some medications you take can be for mutiple reasons...i'm on frisum for my nerves not depression and they're also for seizures but it does'nt mean to say you have them, as some tablets are made combined for several issues of health reasons.

We sweat because Lupus is a known symptom on the issue but suffering with blood pressure and other ailments that can cause sweating won't help one bit, so then it makes it more of a combined issue when sweating does start and that's why it's so unbearable at times.

All my love Terry xxxx

Kadeeeee said: