A hand to hold

Who knew that one day when my daughter took my hand to hold it would cause pain…

It’s a emotional and a physical pain. I tell her please don’t hold my hand so tight and she’s so sweet and holds it so lightly but then she forgets and the pressure of her hand on my fingers send a pain and I have to let go fast. As I do that I have to explain its not her fault, my fingers are sensitive and I give her a big hug.

Who knew and I’m sure others are in the same boat that our lives would change like this.
I would’ve never thought.
Today this just saddens me but most days I can put up a very strong front.
I want people to know that through the pain I can be happy.

I understand, Christy.

This is one of my favorite verses; I hope it brings you encouragement. What the enemy (in our case, Lupus, means to destroy us with, God will work good through it, not only for us, but for others around us)! Romans 8:28
New Living Translation (©2007)
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Hay!, explains to small kids is sometimes easier than explaing to grown up, LOL!!! When my grand daughter was 5-6she knew without me telling her anything. It was like she knew before I did. She is always saying ,(when am in pain and don’t want to be around the family that live with us, in the bed), grandma, you alright? And ask me , what can I do to make you feel better? She is sooooo helpful to me, and she is only 7 now, can you imagine at that age asking those kind of questions that some grown ups don’t…Wow, I just love her ,she also is teaching her brother ,who is 2 , to ask me those questions, and it is so cute. They really make my heart water and my eyes…Beverly L.

Hi Christy,

I remember the first time I pulled away from my husband when he was rubbing my hand lightly. This is tough on our families, trying to understand what we go through.

Yes, he was because he was trying to comfort me : (

Christy said:

It is tough on them. My parents don't quite get it yet since I look totally fine.
They haven't seen me totally worn out or in a ton of pain because usually before a visit with them I take it easy a couple days before getting together with them.
My sister expected me to keep up with her 2 year old at the mall though and I told her I can't keep up with her, she looked at me strange and that is when my mom stuck up for me and explained to her I can't do the things I used to, so I guess in a way she does understand, but its easy to forget when I look fine doesn't mean I'm okay.

Was your husband shocked the first time you did that?